Cardiff City have reportedly agreed a fee with Blackpool to bring England Under 21 starlet Tom Ince to South Wales.
Ince, son of England legend Paul, has been linked with Liverpool in the past and indicated he would move away from Bloomfield Road in an interview earlier this month where he said: “Sometimes it’s about timing. I’ll sit down with my dad and the chairman and talk through what is best for me.”
The 21-year-old was a driving force in Blackpool’s play-off bid last season. Eventually the Tangerines didn’t make it into the top six but Ince racked up 18 goals from the wing on their way to making a good attempt at it.
Paul Ince is keen to keep his son for one more season but admits that he might not be able to deter his son away from the glamour of the Premier League.
Although a fee has been agreed, it is unclear whether Tom will agree personal terms with Cardiff, especially with the amount of more high-profile interest in his signature.
- Big interview: Thomas Ince (guardian.co.uk)
- Tom Ince Set for Talks Over Blackpool Future (caughtoffside.com)
- Report: Crystal Palace target Tom Ince coup (sportsmole.co.uk)
- Paul Ince hoping Thomas Ince will stay at Blackpool (sportsmole.co.uk)
- England Under-21 winger Tom Ince says that his famous father is his biggest critic (telegraph.co.uk)
- Ince plans Blackpool talks (skysports.com)