Arsenal have tonight confirmed the signing of Yaya Sanogo.
Their has been rumours flying around for the best part of four months now regarding the French under 20 striker’s signature but his contract at the Ligue 2 side has now finished.
He is currently in action at the FIFA U20 World Cup where he has contributed two goals to his team’s cause to qualify from the group stage.
On first impressions, he is looking very bright but obviously isn’t the superstar striker that Arsenal fans will be demanding.
However, Sanogo is still young and despite his age already has an impressive scoring record. His season was plagued by injury last term but he still managed to rack up nine goals in 13 appearances during the second half of it for Auxerre.
Arsene Wenger told Arsenal’s official club website: “Sanogo is a good young signing for us. He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20 side.
“We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development.”
- All go for Sanogo: Arsenal close in on Yaya Sanogo signing (mirror.co.uk)
- Arsenal close on deal for Auxerre’s Yaya Sanogo, confirms Arsene Wenger (metro.co.uk)
- Scouting Confirmed Arsenal Transfer Target Yaya Sanogo (bleacherreport.com)
- Yaya Sanogo transfer: Arsenal set to sign Auxerre ace (thesun.co.uk)
- Arsenal target Yaya Sanogo reveals all about injury that almost forced him to retire (dailymail.co.uk)
- Arsenal have all but signed Auxerre forward Yaya Sanogo on a free transfer [RMC Sport] (101greatgoals.com)