Manchester United’s 18-year-old starlet Nick Powell could be recalled from his loan spell at Wigan Athletic and immediately sent to Hull City on a temporary deal instead.
David Moyes apparently wants to see how Powell copes in the Premier League after he has impressed for the Latics so far this campaign.
Powell is Wigan’s top scorer so far this season with eight goals, three of which came in the Europa League.
The former Crewe Alexandra youngster is predominantly a midfielder, but has been leading the line for Wigan for much of this season because of injuries.
Rumours have also been circulating that Swansea City want to take Powell on a permanent deal, but Moyes will not be keen on this considering he has not given the Englishman a real attempt at proving himself in the Premier League. Powell made his Old Trafford debut against Wigan last season and crowned his performance with a goal. He has also played in the Champions League against Galatasaray.
Hull will have problems in the fact that they already have two players on loan from Premier League clubs – Danny Graham (Swansea) and Jake Livermore (Spurs). Either one of these would have to be recalled or a deal made permanent for Powell to link up with Steve Bruce’s Tigers.
Watch a compilation of Powell’s greatest career moments below.
- Uwe Rosler keen to extend Nick Powell loan (sportsmole.co.uk)
- United starlet on the road to Hull? (mufclatest.com)
- Hull City: United star wanted (clubcall.com)
- Manchester United plan Nick Powell transfer to Hull on loan to see if he’s Premier League ready (mirror.co.uk)
- Report: Hull City lead chase for Nick Powell loan (sportsmole.co.uk)